THE READ CAMPAIGN – A NATION BUILDING PROJECT
- BMAN Inc. was established to advocate and give life direction to our boys in an ever increasing world of gang violence, cultism, vices and unacceptable behaviours common with them today.
- The mission of BMAN is to raise boys to stand out by standing up, equip boys to be excellent communicators and teach them ethical literacy.
- Research has revealed that, young adults who were at-risk for falling off track but had a mentor are:
–55% more likely to enroll in college,
–78% more likely to volunteer regularly,
–90% interested in becoming a mentor,
–130% more likely to hold leadership positions.
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men”. – Fredrick Douglass
- Many have said that values have left us but the truth is we left those values.
- It is high time we brought back the lost values to our boys – this is the mission of BMAN.
- BMAN Lives to Love, Inspire, Value and Educate the boys.
- The project is called the “READ Campaign”
- The Project is a BMAN’s Mentorship Project for Boys from ages 11 to 19.
- “READ” means Responsible Educator Available Daily.
HELP US START THE MOVEMENT
- Cult activities have continued to thrive among boys in Africa. It has become rampart even among secondary school boys.
- Our boys have become wild and violent constituting nuisance to the society.
- Promising young boys have turned to armed robbery or kidnapping. The future of our young men gets bleak on a daily basis.
- We owe a duty to help them be the ‘man’ they would want to become.
- BMAN is here to help them achieve the right objective about life and living.
THE IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGY
- Print and distribute 10 Million copies of “As A Man Thinketh” in Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, French and English Languages.
- A voice Reading of the book on National Radio (Radio Nigeria) in Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, French and English Language for 30 minutes twice weekly.
- A weekly classroom peer discussions of the Book from the topic for the month with a volunteer mentor will facilitate the peer discussions to achieve project’s
- Organize a monthly conference of BMAN representatives to collate the numbers of participant in each town with a group photograph and a short video of the participants expressing what they benefit from the project.
WHY READING “AS A MAN THINKETH”
- This book is an inspirational classic for every generation.
- Millions of young people can benefit from this Book as they approach adulthood each year.
- This book will strengthen the attention and enrich the imagination of whosoever will invest time to read and read again.
- Nations, societies and communities will not rise above the thinking pattern of its people.
- We are where we are today because of the way our leaders think.
- We need to get the next generation thinking as we approach the new age of wisdom- Wis= see=insight, Dom= domain=influence.
- There is deficit of insightful leaders in homes, schools, organizations, politics, etc in Nigeria.
- We will distribute 10 million copies of this book across Nigeria, to students from ages 11- 19.
- I see a great Nigeria with a new mindset emerging from this book.
OBJECTIVES OF THE “READ CAMPAIGN”
- To help our boys develop the right mind set about life and living.
- You are literally what you think, your character being the complete sum of all your thoughts.
- Circumstance does not make you do anything. Circumstance will only reveal you to yourself.
- Out of a clean heart comes a clean life and a clean body. Out of a defiled mind proceeds a defiled life and a corrupt body.
- Aimlessness is a vice, and such drifting must not continue if you want to avoid failure and destruction.
- Your sufferings and your happiness are created from within. As you think, so you are. As you continue to think, so you remain.
- To desire is to obtain. To aspire is to achieve.
- Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power